Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Here We Go Again!

After not completing it in 2010 and not even attempting it in 2011, I have once again opted to take on the the Project 365 Challenge.  For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, Project 365 is a photography challenge in which you attempt to shoot one photo everyday for a year.  It sounds easy, but I promise that it is far from.

My first attempt was in 2010.  I was successful in shooting and posting one photo a day for the first 4 months.  This was tricky since I didn't have a working computer at the time.  I will honestly say that it helped me learn more about photography and how to get the shot the first time since I didn't have the capability to go in and edit anything.

Skip forward many months and here I am again.  I am working with a better camera (though still not the DSLR I'd love to have) - a Nikon P500.  This camera is definitely several steps up from where I was before using just a basic point and shoot camera.  I also have a pretty good computer and editing capabilities.  I do plan to keep the editing to a minimum when it comes to the photos for this challenge.  I hope that I can use this project to improve my photography and to try new techniques.

I don't yet have a plan for proceeding.  The last time I tried to theme my photos a month at a time to keep me motivated.  I am going to try to just go off the cuff in the beginning and see what happens.  A few friends have already joined me for this project and I hope to see more jump in with us.  I'll post my daily photos here and hope you'll stop by and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment