Friday, April 20, 2012

Project 365 Day 111 - April 20th

I've said before that I'm all for supporting local businesses.  Well today, Kathy took me to one that I've heard rave reviews about but hadn't yet tried... Gelato Joe's.


If you're a lover of italian food and especially desserts, this is definitely a place you have to try.  They serve everything from sandwiches to pasta to Italian Ice.. and of course, gelato.  The customer service is wonderful, the prices are amazingly low for the quality of what you're given, and the taste is to die for.  

For my first visit, I opted for the raspberry gelato and my son had the banana pudding italian custard.  I also picked up a few goodies to take home:  the biggest chocolate covered strawberry I have ever seen in my life, a huge slice of bread pudding (for Tony since it's one of his favorite desserts), and the best cannoli I've tasted (the canonoli shell was dipped in chocolate).  One of my favorite things about Gelato Joe's is that everything is made fresh in-house.  If you want to find out more, or to see their full menu, they have a website you should definitely check out.

I can't wait to go back and take my family so we can sample some more of their deliciousness!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment