Saturday, April 21, 2012

Project 365 Day 112 - April 21st


























I know it doesn't look that way, but this is the "scary" creek that runs behind our apartment complex.  There's actually nothing whatsoever that makes it scary other than the things that continue to be spotted in it.  First there were water moccasins, definitely one snake I have no desire to interact with.  Second were the gators - yes, alligators.  There were rumors of a 10-foot, an 8-foot, babies, and eggs.  The only proof that has been found is a baby gator of about 1.5-feet in length.  I'm no genius, but I know that where there's a baby gator, a mama isn't too far behind.  Lastly, we had cow sightings.  It's true!  A couple of days ago some cows escaped from a nearby farm and went exploring our apartment complex, including taking a stroll through the creek.

The craziest thing to me is that it isn't even a creek - it's a runoff area for rainwater.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment