Sunday, January 1, 2012

Project 365 Day 1 - January 1st

It's time to "ring in" another New Year!  I did just that - literally.  I did the photography for a wedding today so knew without thinking twice that today's photo would include the couple's wedding rings.



Many people think that a New Year's Day wedding would be odd.  I have to admit that at first I thought the same thing.  I also thought, after hearing it was going to be an outdoor wedding, that we were going to freeze. Somehow, regardless of all of the crazy weather we have had lately, Mother Nature provided a beautiful day free of rain and with temperatures in the high 60s.  That kind of weather is so unusual for the Florida Gulf coast that we were all shocked.

The reason the couple chose to have a New Year's Day wedding is because it's a tradition in the Groom's family.  His brother, parents, and several other family members have all gotten married on New Year's Day.  Sidney and Curtis thought it was appropriate to carry on the family tradition by getting married today.  It was neat to hear everyone telling the couple "Congratulations!" and in the same sentence telling other family members "Happy Anniversary!"  It was enough to make me wish my family had a tradition like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment