Saturday, January 21, 2012

Project 365 Day 21 - January 21st


Why is it that the shortest weeks as far as the "business" week goes (you know, Monday through Friday) always seem to be the longest.  My daughter was out of school on Monday for MLK, Jr. Day, then home yesterday with a stomach virus.  Needless to say my 3-year old son has been in a mood having had his sister around more than she's "supposed to be" this week.  LOL

It is because of my kids' moods that today was an "I don't care!" day.  That's what I call those days when just about anything that needs to be done will be put off for another day.  I have procrastinated in just about every way possible today.  Unfortunately, that included shooting my photo of the day.  With two kids who were both in terror-mode, I refused to take them out of the house to go out into a world full of mud and puddles from the overnight showers we had.  And with a hubby who wasn't feeling well after work, I had no choice but to wait until the kids were wound down to take some time outside to find a shot for today.

After about 30 minutes of walking around aimlessly and taking several mindless photos, I decided it would have to be one of those days where I stage a shot.  As I walked up the stairs to our second floor apartment, I felt like I was seeing a light at the end of the tunnel - literally!

This is the area at the top of our stairway that separates the upstairs apartments in our building.  Now do you see why I said it was like I'd seen a light at the end of the tunnel?

No comments:

Post a Comment