Sunday, January 15, 2012

Project 365 Day 15 - January 15th


Today's photo isn't anything exciting, but there is a story behind it.  Back in May 2011, my husband called me on his way to work because he had 3 deer jump out in front of him and he hit 2 of them with the car.  That resulted in us having to go from no car payment, to making a monthly payment.  We were fortunate to be able to get a car loan for only 15 months and still be something we can afford.

Well, this morning, with less than 8 months left until the car is paid off, he called me while on his way to work.  He had a doe jump out in front of him and he hit it.  My first thought, after making sure he was alright, was "How in the hell are we going to pay a deductible to get the car fixed?"  Thankfully the car has minimal damage, and none of the damage is bad enough to prevent the car from being driven.  The socket for the front passenger turn signal got busted (though the bulb and the outside cover itself are completely unscathed - still not sure how that happened),with a crack in the front fender above the turn signal.  There is also a dent, some missing paint, and a crack in the front passenger quarterpanel.  Needless to say that I am super relieved that none of the damage will cost much, and can all wait to be fixed until we have the extra money.

Now, those of you who know me all know that I try to find humor in a bad situation.  This is the second time my husband has hit a deer with the car, which isn't what makes it funny.  What makes it funny is that both times it's happened, it has been within a couple months of him going deer hunting and not killing anything.  LOL  I swear I have the only husband in the world who has no luck out at the hunting camps but has no problem behind the wheel of a car.

Here's one photo of the crack in the quarterpanel:

No comments:

Post a Comment