Monday, January 2, 2012

Project 365 Day 2 - January 2nd


Our family traditionally leaves the Christmas decorations up through New Year's Day.  On January 1st, they come down.  Unfortunately, due to my hubby working and the wedding I shot yesterday, there was little time for taking down anything.  That left the undesirable task for today, despite all of the other things I needed to get done.

I have a love/hate relationship with my holiday decorations.  I love to put them up every year, especially since it signals the start of the holiday season.  However, I absolutely hate the part where I have to take them down.  It's almost bittersweet as I'm reminded that the holidays are over and it's time to get back to reality.

Today, as I packed up the interior decorations (the outside stuff is my hubby's job), I was compelled to pull out my camera and snap a few photos.


The photo on the left is all of the lights and decor from our Christmas tree.  To make things as simple as possible in regards to putting up the tree every year, all of the ornaments, lights, beads, ribbon, and topper go into one storage bin.

The photo on the right is our tree, possibly going in for the last time.  I purchases this tree for Christmas 2003, the year I was pregnant with my daughter.  For three years I've been wanting to purchase a larger tree, but after this year, I may not have a choice.  This one has started to shed small "twigs" of its branches and will likely become a tree for the patio next year rather than being used as our main family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment