Saturday, January 28, 2012

Project 365 Day 28 - January 28th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


Actually, it's my birthday, but it has definitely not been a happy one.  On top of yesterday's injury and another bandage sticking (no more bandages... just leaving it open to heal now), I woke up with some kind of stomach virus.  UGH!  I feel like I can't win.

I'm so fortunate to have 2 children who are so well-behaved most of the time.  My daughter, who's almost 8, has been playing nurse and mama today, trying to take care of me and help with her little brother.

My hubby, trying to make my day better, brought me home a piece of chocolate cheesecake from the restaurant at work.  He drizzled it with chocolate syrup and raspberry sauce, then topped it with whipped cream and a candle.  He felt awful because on his way out the door to come home, he dropped the box.  :(  The cake didn't fall out, but it wasn't quite as pretty anymore.  LOL  I told him it was the thought that counted - and I could still eat it and it tasted great!

My neighbor, Kathy, also made me a cake for my birthday.  Homemade chocolate cake with her infamous cream cheese frosting is rarely turned down, even as rich as it is.  All in all, despite all of the bad, I felt loved to have so many people trying to make my day better!

No comments:

Post a Comment