Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project 365 Day 4 - January 4th


My original plan for my photo today was to snap a photo of something while out on the walking trail tonight.  Unfortunately, reality hit that trying to get a decent photo in the dark (or even spot something that I really wanted to shoot) wasn't likely to happen.

I figured I'd just come home and find a shot somewhere around the house.  I had my camera with me when I went to check the mail just in case - my camera goes pretty much everywhere with me anyway.  You never know when an opportunity may arise.  Out in front of the office of our apartment complex, I came across the flowerbeds in full bloom, despite the crazy weather we've been having.  There was one particular stem that caught my eye:



I was intrigued that coming from the same stalk, there were blooms that were completely dead, partially dead, and just coming to bloom.  It made me think of a phoenix and how something new grows out of the ashes of the old.  

Just a note of something funny I noticed as I was scanning through my photos to choose one - if you look at the dead flower the right way, it almost looks like an evil monkey.  LOL  It reminds me of the evil monkey from Family Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment